Exempt Position - Denton
Job Title: Junior Systems Administrator
In the fast-paced world of Austin Lane Technologies, you will collaborate with highly-skilled IT professionals and face new and exciting challenges daily. We are passionate about our work and are inspired by the impact our services have on our clients and their businesses. By joining the Austin Lane team, you will be provided with a world of opportunities in administration of networks, operating systems, and associated subsystems.
If you are looking for a dynamic organization in North Texas that will broaden your skills, expand your knowledge, develop partnerships, and make a positive impact, then Austin Lane is the right choice for your career. At Austin Lane, we pride ourselves in employing hard-working individuals who have superior communication skills with both technical and nontechnical personnel.
As an Austin Lane Junior Systems Administrator, you will provide system-level support of multi-user operating systems, and hardware and software tools including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of multiple client systems. You must be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively on a team with minimal supervision. This position requires analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluating complex business infrastructure
- Preparing cost effective network configurations and technology solutions
- Gathering and analyzing business / technical requirements and objectives, perform gap analysis, and provide recommended solutions
- Providing key decision support to clients
- Ability to work on multiple assigned projects
- Drives process improvement
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant combination of training and education
- Microsoft MCSA/Azure or higher certification (must be able to obtain and/or maintain Microsoft related certifications as Austin Lane is a Gold Partner)
- 2+ years of technical experience in network design and network support
- Knowledge of computer operating procedures and basic network protocols
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of application programming
- Knowledge of application, networking or system software products
- Knowledge of multiple backup technologies including Tape/Disk/Cloud and understanding on use cases each may be applied
- In-depth knowledge of multi-vendor environments
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11
- Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012, 2012R2, 2016, 2019
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016/2019/365
- Microsoft Cloud Solutions such as Azure, DevOps, Microsoft 365, Intune
- Wireless Infrastructure
- Cyber Security Hardening Techniques & Best Practices
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Exhibit communications and interpersonal skills
- Organized and detail-orientated
Position Success Factors:
Excellent Customer Service; Focus on Industry Standards and Best Practices; Planning & Executing; Problem Identification & Resolution; Presentation & Communication; Integrity; Optimism; Conflict Management; Results Ownership; Teamwork; Attendance & Dependability and Cultural Sensitivity.
We offer full-time employees medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. We also offer paid sick days, holidays, vacation days, and personal days. Not only that, but there are tenure recognition awards as well. Certification reimbursements for Continuing & Developing of Employee technical knowledge.